Wednesday 10 December 2014

Sharing and caring






Hajar celebrates Ramadan. She brought in dates because they are healthy. She brought in balloons for everybody because her family uses them to play a game. She said there is a centre to play soccer and then you take off your shoes and you can jump on the trampoline.




Lamees wore her beautiful prayer outfit.She was a bit shy to talk so her mom wrote a wonderful note on explaining their tradition.  Her family celebrates Ramadan and they fast all day and eat whatever they crave at night. The main food is dates and water. They pray 5 times a day.

Lamar celebrates Ramadan too and she nodded yes when asked if she prayed too.

 Anabiya celebrates Ramadan. She wore her beautiful outfit. Anabiya said"During Ramadan I don't eat and drink anything. We pray 5 times. My mom and dad does but I don't. We don't even play anything we just sit and rest".
She brought in a pink blanket. "I have a truck one and I pray on it".
Marijana celebrates Christmas. " I brought the Christmas tree from outside with a lot of decorations." "I celebrate Christmas 2 times."  Marijana celebrates both December 25th and the orthodox calendar on January 7th.

Monty celebrates Ramadan.
"When you celebrate something it turns into something and when you celebrate something it turns into good." "It's good to bring things when you celebrate you earn more food and then when you get a lot of food you have to buy things."

"I celebrate Ramadan because all the kids are being good. I play with my sisters. I wear a dress it has a flower. My mom and dad and sister Fatima and Nour pray."

We are eating the yummy treats, hummus, pita and Chicalette!!






Bilal celebrates Ramadan "I don't eat or drink until night" he said.
"I pray with my mom and dad"
Bilal said "when my mom decorates the house me and my brother
just play"  
Bilal shared hummus, pita and a balloon with his friends.




Fatima celebrates Ramadan and Eid
She said "we pray there, get candy and got balloons"
She was asked what do you wear?  Fatima said " she wears a dress"
Fatima brought in a treat bag with a snowflake cookie and other items.




Ilee celebrates Christmas she was very shy and did not want to talk.





Talal celebrates Eid.  
"They give us presents, the people, your friends"
"I play outside, I buy new clothes, I buy new pajamas because Eid is fun"
Talal shared date cookies with his friends.


Realm celebrates Ramadan
"we don't eat, we get candy and balloons"
"mom, dad and me pray"
"I don't drink"
Realm shared date cookies (mamool) with her friends


Assim celebrates Ramadan
He brought in treat bags to share with his friends
"I help my mom where I'm sleeping, I smell them and bring to school"
"I work with my mom the presents, these candies"
He was asked why he celebrates Ramadan by another student, he said 
because I get candy.










Mrs.Diab celebrates Christmas with her family and she brought in a ceramic light up house, Her and her family put up a tree and her kids help her decorate the tree with ornaments. They get together with their families and have a wonderful meal together.
Mrs. Osborne celebrates christmas and she brought in ornaments that 
represents her family.  A frog which is for her mother, a basketball for her husband,  
an angel for each person in her family as well as a house ornament made for her 
family by a friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment